St. Petersburg Metropolitan Section of
The National Council of Negro Women, Inc.
The National Council of Negro Women, Inc. (NCNW) is a council of national African American women’s organizations and community-based sections. Founded in 1935, the NCNW mission is to lead, develop, and advocate for women of African descent as they support their families and communities. NCNW fulfills this purpose through research, advocacy, and national and community-based services and programs on issues of health, education, and economic empowerment in the United States and Africa. With its 39 national affiliates and more than 240 sections, NCNW is a 501(c)3 organization with an outreach to nearly four million women.
NCNW translates its philosophy of public education, community service and advocacy into activities designed to promote a number of benefits for our constituents including:
- Disseminating information about issues affecting African American women and their families.
- Promoting healthy lifestyles and behaviors through wellness projects.
- Sponsoring events such as The MLK Leadership Awards Breakfast Celebration to build on our strengths and traditional values.
- Training and supporting women and youth in career development and community leadership.
- Supporting economic development and entrepreneurship.
- Providing mentoring and educational support to our young people.
The national office of NCNW acts as a central source for program planning and seeks to fill the gaps that exist in our communities. Through its core of volunteers in 34 states, NCNW addresses local needs through organized strategies to bring the added support of a network of thousands of women whose collective efforts enhance community service and actions.
SPMS President Thelma Bruce
As president of the St. Petersburg Metropolitan Section of the National Council of Negro Women, Inc. (NCNW). I extend a heartfelt hand of fellowship to the community. We invite you to personally become acquainted with our members as well as the mission and purpose of the great organization… Read More | Watch the Video Message
Legacy Life Members
Black Pearls – Youth Group
Celebrating Women in History Month
Celebrating women from past trailblazers to present history makers.
“Women United: Activate the Legacy”
For more information about NCNW, please contact us.